Sub-measure 6.1, known also as “Young Farmers” refers to the provision of lump sums as financial aid for the entrance of young persons, up to 40 years, in the agricultural employment and their first installation on a farm.
As indicated in the skills specifications of the draft “The Candidate beneficiary shall submit an IACS aid application for the whole farm, in the year of submission of the grant application” taking into consideration the IACS declaration of the year 2016 to be carried out until 15/6 / 2016.
The grant amount shall range from € 17,000 up to € 22,000 for each beneficiary:
Mountainous / Disadvantaged areas
The grant shall be paid as follows: after the approval decision, the first instalment shall be up to 70% of the total grant amount, and the last installment within 5 years of accession and upon correct implementation of the business plan and achievement of relevant targets and commitments.
Candidate beneficiaries at the date of the application shall:
1. i) have at least 18 years of age, and have not exceeded 40 years of age.
2. ii) Be installed for first time as the head of an agricultural holding.
** Standard yield per acre/ head (for livestock) shall be considered, for the 1st time, for inclusion in the above Sub-measure. These coefficients refer to Euro/ha. or Head (for livestock) and shall be used for the conversion of land and/ or animals to standard performance (euros).
Eligibility Criteria for Sub-measure 6.1 – Young Farmers:
1. Submission of a business plan for the development of an agricultural holding with minimum implementation period of 3 years and a maximum of 4 years.
2. Young farmers, Heads of the agricultural holdings, must have been installed for the first time in the year preceding the grant application date.
3. The agricultural holding, in its initial form, shall have a standard input efficiency of at least € 8,000 with a maximum limit of € 100,000 for the whole holding. An IACS aid application shall be submitted for the whole holding in the year 2016.
4. Potential beneficiaries must be permanent residents in the areas of implementation of the sub-measure and the holding must be located in the area of permanent residence.
For more information, please contact a NOVACERT specialized consultant at: 23330 53200.